Thursday, October 8, 2009

Daily Devotional - 10/8

Prayer Focus - Family

Day 1
Pray for:
One family member that you feel close to

Pray about:
Their physical needs
Their mental needs
Their emotional needs
Their spiritual needs


Dear Lord - Help me to listen to You each and every day and please grant me the strength to obey.


Psalms 38


" I wait for You, O Lord; You will answer, O Lord my God." (vs. 15)

I wait for God. He will answer. Sin can damage us in more ways than one. Our sin can affect us physically, relationally, and emotionally. The psalmist points to this when he describes in detail how our bodies are impacted by our guilt and sinful folly. He also mentions that "my friends and companions avoid me because of my wounds; my neighbors stay far away (vs. 11)." Relationships are cut off by the things we do to damage them. Sin festers and grows. Since this is the affect of doing wrong, it is imperative that we strive to do right. We must long for righteousness because in it, is true life. It is so refreshing to not have any nagging thoughts about something we did or didn't do. To live a life of no regrets would be amazing. Of course, we are all so far from this and we fail daily. What then? We must confess our iniquity (vs. 18). We need to get it out of our system and then repent which means to turn 180 degrees. We need to go in the other direction. This is impossible in many ways without God, but thankfully, He is there. He will answer. He will not be far from us and will come quickly to save us. He is waiting for us to take the first step back and then He will come running (Luke 15:11-32).


Daily Prayer

O Lord, Come quickly to save us. We know we fail so often. We have such great intentions but such weak results. Help us to start anew tomorrow and strive to deal continuously with our sins. Help us to hate them and strive to live purely so that nothing hinders us from being close to You and others. We want to live in the light as You are in the light. We want to be pleasing to You. We are lifting our souls up to You and are confessing and repenting of everything we know that is displeasing to You. Forgive us as well for those things we have done that we do not even realize displeases You. We are waiting on You and we know that You will save us.

In Jesus Name,
Amen


QFT

1. Is there any sin I am not dealing with at present that is making me feel guilty? Has sin damaged any of my relationships? How can I deal with these problems and make amends?

2. How do I feel when I finally confess or talk about something that has been bothering me?

3. Do I have someone who I can talk with on a daily basis to confess my sins to and get help from?

4. Am I striving for righteousness? Am I repenting or changing the things that I confess or am I struggling with the same sins over and over again?

No comments:

Post a Comment