Saturday, October 31, 2009

Daily Devotional - 10/31

Prayer Focus - Strangers


Day 3
Pray for:
One person you admire or look up to
One person you met/meet today
One person that is in the entertainment industry


Pray about:
Their physical needs
Their mental needs
Their emotional needs
Their spiritual needs


Dear Lord - Please open my ears to hear and grant me the strength to obey.


Proverbs 31


"She is clothed with strength and dignity. She can laugh at the days to come" ( vs 25)

"She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks." (vs. 17)


These are my theme verses for this coming month. As I review October, it had its ups and downs. I don't think that I was very strong this month, however. My dignity level was not very high either and I know that I was not laughing about the days to come very much. I did work hard as this seems to be one of my strengths. Whatever my victories and failures, I will start over tomorrow in November. This coming month, I will be more consistent in every area. I will focus on what is important - people - and I will do better at remembering that all of this is fleeting. I want to look better and act better. Most of the time I feel like I am slip sliding away. Does anyone besides me remember that song? It goes, "You know the nearer your destination, the more you slip sliding away. (Paul Simon)" One thing gets done and fifty more pop up. I have to just take one day at a time. If I concentrate on doing good for one day, I can make that. I can't make the whole month, but I can make one day.

"Never underestimate the inevitability of gradualness." (anonymous)



Prayer for the Day


Dear Lord,

Often we feel that we are slipping away, but You have a hold of us. You are helping us to climb up the hill. Although we inch along, we inch nonetheless. Help us to not give up because the progress seems too slow and the encouragement few and far between. Help us to go regardless of who follows and help us to become women and men of dignity and strength. Help us to laugh at the days to come. Help us to work hard. It is beyond us but it is not beyond You.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen



QFT


1. Would I consider myself a strong or weak person? Why?

2. What do I think it means to be clothed with dignity? Do I feel like I am a dignified person? What would a dignified person be like? How can I work on developing this quality in my life?

3. Do I laugh at the days to come? Am I consumed with worry? Do I know anyone who I would describe in this way? How are they able to cultivate this type of personality?

4. Do I work hard or am I kind of lazy? How can I be a harder worker? In what situations/places do I work hard and in which ones do I slack off? How can I work on doing better in the weak areas?

No comments:

Post a Comment