Friday, October 2, 2009

Daily Devotional - 10/2

Prayer Focus - Leaders (any type - World, State, Local, Church, Business, Work)

Pray for:
One leader who inspires you
One leader who you know is struggling with something

Pray about:
Their physical needs
Their mental needs
Their emotional needs
Their spiritual needs

Dear Lord - Open my ears to hear You and grant me the strength to obey.


Psalms 32

"Blessed is he whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord does not not count against him and in whose spirit is not deceit." (vs. 1-2)

We are blessed if we are forgiven. We are blessed if we have no deceit. Then we can walk with out fear. Deceit can be out and out lies or, as it states, found in us when we keep silent. When we are not "living out loud", we are wasting away. We need to be open channels for God's love to flow through us. We can't let sin, clutter, confusion, and disorder of any kind block us and stop us up. We will lose strength. We need to just get it all out and then call out to God to search us.

"Therefore let everyone who is godly pray to You while You may be found; surely when the mighty waters rise, they will not reach him. You are my hiding place; You will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance." (vs. 6-7)

Pray while He can be found. It can be too late. There are deadlines. Whether or not we want them to, they exist. Thank God, we can hide in Him. He is a better place to hide than any real physical place. God will protect me. God says He will teach us and show us how to go. He will counsel and watch over us. But, we have to receive it. We need to not be like an animal who has to be forced. Our attitude should be, "I will do it!" Don't force God; come willingly. The wicked have lots of problems but unfailing love surrounds us if we trust in God.

Rejoice in the Lord! Be Glad! Sing!

If I am righteous and upright in my heart, I can. I can look for the beauty in everything. This morning , I experienced God's mercy and beauty. This is God's world. There is hope.


QFT

1. Do I have any deceit in me? If so, is it out in the open type of deceit, or the deceit of not speaking up about something? How can I become honest in all ways?

2. Is there anything blocking the flow of God's love and communication through me? If so, how can I get rid of it?

3. Am I praying about my needs and the needs of others regularly? Why or why not? How can I get in the practice of praying for others on a regular basis?

4. How am I doing at receiving God's instruction? Am I willing to learn or am I like an animal that needs a bit and bridle in my mouth to force me to obey? Why am I like this and what results am I gaining from my attitude towards instruction?

No comments:

Post a Comment