Saturday, October 17, 2009

Daily Devotional - 10/17

Prayer Focus - Friends


Day 3
Pray for:
One friend that you feel close to
One friend that has become distant and you would like to be closer to
One friend from long ago



Pray about:
Their physical needs
Their mental needs
Their emotional needs
Their spiritual needs


Dear Lord - Help me to listen to You each and every day and please grant me the strength to obey.



Psalms 47


"For God is the King of all the earth; sing to Him a psalm of praise." (vs. 7)

God is in control. I will say it again to myself. God is in control. I need to praise Him. When I praise, I am happy. I need to praise first and then God will be able to move in my life. It is no good to sit around moping. Moping and worrying never solved any problems. I need to just pray and go. So off to San Diego I go.



"For the kings of the earth belong to God; He is greatly exalted." (vs. 9b)



Even the kings belong to God. We are all His. I am in good hands. I am looking forward to this day now. I am looking forward to God's victories. He will do it!


Prayer for the Day

Dear Lord,

Today as we go about our business and travel to and fro on this earth, remind us of Your sovereignty. Help us to see the sunrise and remember Your glory. Help us to see the birds flying in the air and look at the mountains so majestic and remember that the mountains are small in comparison to the rest of the earth and they are minuscule in comparison to the whole universe. Help us to remember that despite this smallness of the large mountains, not one little bird that flies over them falls to the ground without You knowing. How amazing is that. We are so grateful that You pay attention to us at all.


I praise You for Your victories and I praise You for taking hold of us and giving us life. Thank You for the purpose that You have given us and thank You for walking with us all of the way. We glorify You this day and everyday You give us.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen


QFT

1. Do I view God as King of the Earth? Do I take time to enjoy nature and His grandeur that is evident in it?


2. Am I known for my positive and praiseful attitude or am I a negative and complaining person? How can I become more positive and praiseful?


3. What does it mean to me to exalt God? How can I exalt God today?


4. Am I intimidated by "important people"? If they belong to God and I belong to God, how should I view them? What should my perspective be towards everyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment