Thursday, October 29, 2009

Daily Devotional - 10/29

Prayer Focus - Strangers

Day 1
Pray for:
One person you admire or look up to


Pray about:
Their physical needs
Their mental needs
Their emotional needs
Their spiritual needs


Dear Lord - Please open my ears to hear and grant me the strength to obey.



Psalms 59


"But You, O Lord, laugh at them; You scoff at all those nations.  O my Strength, I watch for You; You, O God, are my fortress, my loving God.  God will go before me and will let me gloat over those who slander me." ( vs 8-9)


God is not worried by evil people.  He laughs at them and scoffs at them because He knows their days are numbered.  God knows the big picture and all I need to know is God.  I will watch for Him.  I will pray and then watch for the answers to come from Him.  I will watch for His provisions and for His ways of escape from the troubles that seem to outnumber me.  God is my fortress.  I can run to Him when I am troubled or under attack.  I need to be going to Him regardless!  He is my loving God.  He loves me.  I am special to Him in spite of all the trouble that overwhelms me.  The trouble does not mean that He does not love me.  Nothing of the sort.  The hardships are a part of life and what is needed to refine me for eternity.  I am to view hardship as discipline and training, and in fact, evidence of my Father's love.  God is going before me and I will not falter if I let Him clear the way and stay in the path He has carved out for me.


Prayer for the Day


Dear Lord,


We are grateful that You go before us to clear the way.  Help us to walk in the path that You have prepared.  You are good.  We are grateful that nothing can hinder Your plan and that evil people are nothing but something to laugh and scoff at.  We get so worked up and worried over evil men but we need to leave them up to You.  Help us to let go of this.  You are our fortress.  Help us to run to You when we are tempted to worry or be discouraged.  You will keep us safe.  You love us.  We are so grateful for Your love.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen


QFT


1. Do I realize that evil people are best left up to God?  What do my actions show of what I believe?  Do I pray for these people?  Do I care about their eternal destiny?

2. Am I watching for God?  Am I asking God for anything?  Am I praying and waiting in eager expectation?  How can I improve this aspect of my relationship with God?

3. Do I believe God is going before me and clearing a path for me?  How do I know what the path He is preparing for me is?  How can I ensure I am following it?

4. What is God using in my life right now to train me?  Do I see my hardships as discipline and training from a God who loves me?  How have I seen good come out of my struggles?

No comments:

Post a Comment