Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Daily Devotional - 10/28

Prayer Focus - Enemies


Day 7
Pray for:
One person who was mean to you when you were a child
One person who has given you a lot of trouble recently
One person from your family (immediate or extended) that has given you trouble
One person from work or a social circle that has given you trouble
One person that you feel is a danger to your well being even though you have never met
One person who is unaware that they are hurting you
One person who you believe will never apologize for the pain they have caused you


Pray about:
Their physical needs
Their mental needs
Their emotional needs
Their spiritual needs
Your ability to offer complete forgiveness from your heart
Your ability to let go of the hurts and move on whether they will ever apologize or not


Dear Lord - Please open my ears to hear and grant me the strength to obey.


Psalms 58


"Even from birth the wicked go astray; from the womb they are wayward and speak lies. Their venom is like the venom of a snake, like that of a cobra that has stopped its ears, that will not heed the tune of the charmer, however skillful the enchanter may be." ( vs 3-5)



This is a hard teaching, but some people are evil early on. Who knows why? They will not listen. God will purge them out and then the righteous will find relief. It is not to us to do the purging. We are to stay righteous and to love our enemies. We are to leave justice and revenge up to God who is sinless. He will do it. We do not have to be afraid and take matters into our own hands. We are to wait, and pray that we are never in the category of the wicked and of those who will not listen to anyone, even the most skillful at leading.



"The righteous will be glad when they are avenged, ...Then men will say, 'Surely the righteous are still rewarded; surely there is a God who judges the earth.' (vs. 10 -11)




Prayer for the Day


Dear Lord,

We pray that we are never like the wicked men. Keep our hearts in tune to Your word and receptive to the help and assistance of others. Help us to always be willing to learn and grow. Help us to train our children so that they will not grow up into wicked men and women. It is a serious responsibility that You have given us and we pray for Your strength, wisdom, and guidance. We are waiting on You.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen


QFT


1. How do I feel about this idea that some people are wicked early on? How have I seen this in my life or in the lives of those around me?

2. Is it difficult for me to accept the idea of God's judgement? Why or why not? How can I develop a greater understanding and appreciation for this aspect of God's character?

3. How do I feel when I see injustice? How do I feel when I see justice done? Why?

4. How have I been unwilling to listen to others? How can this impact my life negatively? How can I change?

No comments:

Post a Comment