Friday, October 9, 2015

Daily Devotional - 10/9/15

Day 7
Pray for:
One thing that you need to be grateful for but find it difficult to be
One person that you need to apologize to, resolve a conflict with, or forgive
One dream that you need to surrender to God
One challenge that you need to face and deal with
One health issue that you need to deal with
One sin you need to overcome
One hope that you need to hang on to



Dear Lord - Please open my ears to hear Your voice today and grant me the strength to obey.


Psalms 99


"Moses and Aaron were among his priests, Samuel was among those who called on His name; they called on the Lord and He answered them...

Lord our God, You answered them; You were to Israel a forgiving God, though You punished their misdeeds. ( vs. 6, 8  )


Moses and Aaron were among God's priests.  God has always had people who have followed Him throughout time.  They were His priests, even before He set up all the laws and the official priesthood.  God will always have people that will serve Him.  The question is, "Will we be among them?  Are we willing to be a part of His royal priesthood?" 

I Peter 2:9 - 11

"But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you many declare the praises of Him who called you out of the darkness into His wonderful light.  Once you were not a people, but now you are the people of God; once you had not received mercy, but now you have received mercy.

Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul.  Live such good lives among the pagans that, though they accuse you of doing wrong, they may see your good deeds and glorify God on the day He visits us."
                                                       

We are chosen.  Will we live like it?  We are a royal priesthood.  Will we serve like we are?  We belong to God.  Will we act like it? 

I belong.  I have mercy.  What amazing thoughts!  Now I must show my gratitude by living differently; God's mercy and love demands it.  And I can do  this.  We can do this - with God.  He will answer us when we call.  He will forgive.  He will train us in the way we should go.  Nothing is impossible for God and if He can take some rag tag fishermen and change the world, then He can use me.  I must remember the verse that encourages me to believe this.  "I can do everything through Him who gives me strength.". (Philippians 4:13)  Let us live good lives so that we can bring glory to God and impact the world. 




Prayer for the Day



Dear Lord,


We are grateful to be Your priests.  Help us to be what You have called us to be.  You can do this.  We are grateful to have been chosen and we want to share Your goodness with others.  Help us to know what to do and how to live.  We praise You.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen



QFT


1.  Am I willing to be a royal priest for God?  Why or why not?  What does this mean to me?

2. Am I serving God as I should?  What do I think I could do to serve Him more effectively?  What am I doing well?  What could be improved? 

3. Am I living a good life?  Can others find anything in me that would bring dishonor to God?  What should I change?  What should I start doing that I am not?

4. Do I think God wants to use me?  Do I think God can use me?  What do I think will stop Him from being able to use me?  What should I change?  Why?

5. How do I feel about being a part of God's nation and being one of His people?  Is it exciting to me or a burden?  Why do I feel the way I do? 

No comments:

Post a Comment