Thursday, October 1, 2015

Daily Devotional - 10/1/15

Prayer Focus - Wants



Day 6
Pray for:
One thing that you want to understand about God
One characteristic you want to develop that will help you to be more loving towards others
One dream that you want to see happen in your life
One issue in your character that you want to see changed
One regret that you want to move past
One person that you want to get to know better


Dear Lord - Please open my ears to hear Your ever present voice and grant me the strength to obey.



Psalms 91


"He who dwells in the shelter of the Most High will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.  I will say of the Lord, "He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust

Surely He will save you from the fowler's snare and from the deadly pestilence.  He will cover you with His feathers, and under His wings you will find refuge; His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.  You will not fear the terror of night, nor the arrow that flies by day, nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness, nor the plague that destroys at midday.  A thousand may fall at your side, ten thousand at your right hand, but it will not come near you.  You will only observe with your eyes and see the punishment of the wicked.

If you make the Most High your dwelling - even the Lord, who is my refuge - then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent.  For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.  You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent.

'Because he loves me,' says the Lord, 'I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.  He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble. I will deliver him and honor him.  With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."  Psalm 91



It is hard to add to this.  I love the promises of God.  As I sit here tonight, trying to stay awake to write this, I am reminded that God will take care of me.  He has taken care of me so far and I know He will not stop now.  God will give us rest.  He grants sleep to those He loves.  We do not have to fear anything if we believe this passage.  God will take care of it all.  God has a plan.

God will even send His angels to protect and guard me.  God will do all this because I love Him.  I want to learn more and more how to love God.  It is that important.  I want to be with him and reap the blessings that only a relationship with Him can provide.  I am grateful that I have been given that chance.  I know I have to live worthy, but I think it is completely worth it.




Prayer for the Day



Dear Lord,


We are grateful that You even pay attention to us, how much more that You bless us.  You have been tremendously good and kind throughout our lives.  We praise you for everything.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen



QFT


1.Am I dwelling in the shelter of God?  What would that be like?  How can I do this?

2. Do I trust God?  How do I know?  How can I develop a deeper trust?

3. Do I think angels are protecting me?  Why or why not?  What have I seen that was miraculous or out of the ordinary in my life?

4. Do I love God?  How do I show it?  Do I make time for Him?  If God were a person, am I treating Him right?  Why or why not?  How can I change?

5. Do I acknowledge God?  Do I stand up for God and His ways in front of people?  Am I afraid to look religious in front of others?  How can I be more bold?

No comments:

Post a Comment