Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Daily Devotional - 10/6/15

Prayer Focus - Needs



Day 4
Pray for:
One thing that you need to be grateful for but find it difficult to be
One person that you need to apologize to, resolve a conflict with, or forgive
One dream that you need to surrender to God
One challenge that you need to face and deal with



Dear Lord - Please open my ears to hear Your voice today and grant me the strength to obey.



Psalms 96


"Sing to the Lord a new song; sing to the Lord, all the earth.. ( vs. 1  )


I have been singing a certain song all my life.  God wants me to sing a new song.  I can not keep doing things the way I have always done them and expect to have new results.  It will not work that way.  We get set in our ways and live in frustration but when we are shown something new that is working for someone, we doubt and are skeptical.  We have many excuses and eventually we just say it is too much trouble to figure out how to do something different. At least I know that is how I am too often.  I would rather stick with the familiar even if it is miserable than venture out into the unknown. 

God would have us live another way.  He shows us how to truly live in His word and He calls us out to follow.  He wants us to start over and do things a new way, a way that works.  Let us venture out and trust God.  Let us sing a new song.  It doesn't matter to God how it sounds, He just wants us to sing.  He will make it beautiful.




Prayer for the Day



Dear Lord,


Help me to sing a new song.  You can and will make it beautiful.  You are deserving.  You are good.  We will sing.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen



QFT


1.  What song have I been singing?  How would I describe my life and my life priorities?

2. Is my song working?  Am I satisfied with what I am accomplishing and who I am as a person? 

3. What do I think God's song and my new song are?  Am I finding out?  How can I find out?  Is there someone who I can talk to that can give me insight?

4. What would keep me from singing a new song?  What fears do I have about doing something differently?  Why?  How can I overcome these fears?

5. Do I believe God can help me change?  Do I want to sing a new song? Why or why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment