Sunday, August 29, 2010

Daily Devotional - 8/25/10 (9/25/09)

Focus Letter - Y



Pray for:
Five things that you are grateful for beginning with the focus letter
Five people whose first or last name begins with the focus letter
A place that begins with the focus letter
A characteristic to grow in that begins with the focus letter


Dear Lord - Open my ears to hear Your will and grant me the strength to obey it.



Psalms 25



"No one whose hope is in You will ever be put to shame" (vs. 3)


"You are God my Savior and my hope is in You all day long." (vs. 5b)


"According to Your love remember me, for You are good, O Lord." (vs. 7b)


"Good and upright is the Lord" (vs. 8a)


"All the ways of the Lord are loving and faithful for those who keep the demands of His covenant." (vs. 10)


"The Lord confides in those who fear Him; He makes His covenant known to them." (vs. 14)


"My eyes are ever on the Lord, for only He will release my feet from the snare." (vs. 15)


"Guard my life and rescue me; let me not be put to shame, for I take refuge in You." (vs. 20)


"May integrity and uprightness protect me, because my hope is in You." (vs. 21)


9/25/09


I am tired and discouraged tonight. It has been such a long week and I am exhausted. I am encouraged by these promises. I can look to them when I am downhearted. All of God's ways are loving. He is refining my faith so that I will remain faithful. I am being forged into something useful through the fires of cancer. God will guard and rescue me. Whatever happens, He will not abandon me. I will be taken care of because God is good. I will go to sleep tonight and awake to a new day; a fresh start and a new hope. All things are possible with God. He will comfort me in the morning.


8/25/10

Tonight as I prepare to go back to work on Monday, I am feeling tired.  It has been a long week and I am exhausted.  Things don't change much, do they?  We go through the same emotions even though the circumstances may change.  It is good to know that God, at least, is consistent.  His promises never do fail and His mercy is new every morning.  "I will lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, O Lord,  make me dwell in safety." (Ps. 4:8)


Prayer for the Day
Dear Lord,

Thank You for Your promises.  We are so grateful because You are always consistent and good.  We struggle with many things and get worn out but You do not even need to slumber or sleep.  You are always watching and waiting.  We cling to You as we deal with change and circumstances.  You are our Rock.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen


QFT


1. How can all of God's ways be loving? Do I really believe that? How do I know?

2. Am I keeping the demands of His covenant so His ways can truly be good and loving to me?

3. How does God confide in me? Do I sense Him doing this? If not, am I fearing Him and what does that mean?

4. Is my integrity and uprightness guarding me? Am I falling short in either of these areas? What can I change?

5.  What things trip me up, like a snare around my feet?  How do I get out of the situation/problem.  How will fixing my eyes on God help me get out/stay out of trouble

No comments:

Post a Comment