Monday, September 21, 2009

Daily Devotional - 9/21

Focus Letter - U

Pray for:
Five things you are grateful for that begin with the focus letter
Five people whose first or last name begins with the focus letter
A place that begins with the focus letter
A characteristic that begins with the focus letter

Dear Lord- open my ears to hear, my eyes to see, and my heart to feel. Grant me the strength to obey.

Today is my husband's surgery. We would appreciate your prayers.


Psalms 21


"For the king trusts in the Lord; through the unfailing love of the Most High he will not be shaken" (vs. 7)

How great are the victories the Lord gives. As we go into surgery today, I am remembering the greatness of the Lord. I will rejoice that I have His strength to support me and that I can have joy in His victories whatever they may be. God does not withhold the requests of my lips and He knows the desires of my heart. He gives life. I can do nothing to add or subtract from my life, save for eating and living healthy, which is important. But worrying will do nothing. Worrying will not add a moment to my life and will dissipate the energy that I need to be strong.


Regardless what happens today, I will cling to Gods eternal blessing and be glad in the Lord. He is not changing and He is here with me today. God's love is unfailing; the only thing that is secure and eternal. I will not be shaken today. I will be there for my husband, my in laws, and my children. I will be their strength because God is mine. God will lay hold of my enemies and crush them. God can crush the cancer and even if He chooses not to, I will still trust in Him.

God will be exalted. In my life, God will be exalted. Amen.

QFT

1. What enemies am I facing in my life today? How could the Lord conquer them?

2. When is it hardest for me to trust in God? Why?

3. What victories has God given me in the past? How has God blessed me?

4. How can God be exalted in my life, even in the difficult times? What can I do differently to ensure that this will happen?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! My prayers go out to you and your family during this difficult time. I want to also say that your blog is amazing! God has truly blessed you with talent. Keep your chin up. And thank you so much! You are an inspiration to those that read your blog. God bless! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the kind words and prayers. I am glad that you are helped by my blog. It helps me to write it. :)

    ReplyDelete