Sunday, August 30, 2015

Daily Devotional - 8/30/15 (10/30/09)

Prayer Focus - Strangers

Day 2
Pray for:
One person you admire or look up to
One person you met/meet today


Pray about:
Their physical needs
Their mental needs
Their emotional needs
Their spiritual needs


Dear Lord - Please open my ears to hear and grant me the strength to obey.



Psalms 60



"You have shown Your people desperate times;...But for those who fear You, You have raised a banner to be unfurled against the bow." ( vs. 3a, 4)

"Give us aid against the enemy, for the help of man is worthless. With God we will gain the victory, and He will trample down our enemies." (vs. 11-12)

God never promised us life would be easy, just that He would be there. Sometimes He lets us go through terrible times, times when everything is sad and negative; desperate times the verse says. But if we fear God, we will gain the victory. No one else can help us and provide for us like He can. We will win in the end, if we stay with God and He will eliminate our enemies in the right time
.


Prayer for the Day


Dear Lord,


We do go through desperate times sometimes, but You are still there. Help us to remember that as we get older You have victories in store for us, however, and we rely on them. Fill us with Your love and protection because the help of man is worthless. You are our only true victory.


In Jesus' Name,
Amen



QFT



1. What desperate times have I gone through? Am I going through such a time now?


2. What does it mean to me to fear the Lord?  How can I learn about what this means?

3. Do I fear God? How do I know if I do or not? What can I do to develop a greater fear of the Lord?

4. Do I truly believe the help of man is worthless? Who do I turn to for help? Do I go to God first, or my friends first? Can I try for one hour/ one day/ one week to go to God first whenever I have a need or problem or even joy?

5. What enemies am I fighting? What victories do I need? What will I do to thank God when we (God and I) are victorious?

No comments:

Post a Comment