Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Daily Devotional - 8/26/15 (10/26/09)

Prayer Focus - Enemies

Day 5
Pray for:
One person who was mean to you when you were a child
One person who has given you a lot of trouble recently
One person from your family (immediate or extended) that has given you trouble
One person from work or a social circle that has given you trouble
One person that you feel is a danger to your wellbeing even though you have never met

Pray about:
Their physical needs
Their mental needs
Their emotional needs
Their spiritual needs
Your ability to offer complete forgiveness from your heart
Your ability to let go of the hurts and move on whether they will ever apologize or not


Dear Lord - Please open my ears to hear and grant me the strength to obey.



Psalms 56


"When I am afraid, I will trust in You.  In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid.  What can mortal man do to me?" ( vs. 3 - 4)

"Record my lament; list my tears on Your scroll - are they not in Your record?" (vs. 8)


When I am afraid, I will trust in God. When I am afraid about Joelle's health, in God I will trust.  When I am afraid about my husband's health, in God I will trust. I will praise God in place of worry.  When I am tempted, I will praise instead.  I will not be afraid.

What can mortal man do to me? What bad can happen to me if I have God.  Nothing.  God knows all the tears I have cried.  He says He has recorded each one on His scroll, in His record.  What an amazing thought.



"I am under vows to You, O God; I will present thank offerings to You.  For You have delivered me from death and my feet from stumbling that I may walk before God in the light of life." (vs. 12-13)

I have a responsibility to God.  I said that I would follow Him.  I need to fulfill my vows, and they are not burdensome.  I just need to follow.  Jesus said His yoke was easy and His burden light.  God's way should not be burdensome.  It should be paved with gratitude for what He has done for us.  He has delivered us and brought us out to freedom and light.  I will walk in the light of life, because Jesus provides the life and the light.  Death is dark.  My old way of life was dark but thanks be to God, that way is gone and I am now walking with Him. Let us not turn back. Let us fulfill our vows. Let us be thankful.



Prayer for the Day


Dear Lord,


We are often afraid, but You are with us.  Help us to feel Your continual presence in a greater way each day.  There are many things that worry us and occupy our minds but You are what they should be fixed on.  Guide our thoughts and turn us back to You.  You know our struggles and our tears.  How amazing that You have recorded each and every tear.  You do care.  We want to walk in gratitude and in the light of Your presence, the light of Your life.  We turn away from our lives of darkness and death and want to live in the light.  Help us to rid all darkness from our life so that we can fulfill our vows and have true joy and life.  We love You.


In Jesus' Name,
Amen



QFT



1. What fears do I have? Am I turning to God with them?


2. What vows have I made to God? Am I fulfilling them?


3. What has God delivered me from? What was my life like before I was a Christian?

4. What do I have to be thankful about?  What can I praise God for?

5. Am I walking in the light?  Is there anything that is hidden in the darkness about my life?  Do I have people that I can discuss anything with?  Do I have a platform to be open and to get help?  Where could I go for that?

No comments:

Post a Comment