Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Daily Devotional - 9/13/10 (10/13/09)

Prayer Focus - Family



Day 6


Pray for:
One family member that you feel close to
One family member that you are not close to
One family member that lives far away from you
One family member that lives near to you
One family member that you are concerned about
One family member that is supportive of you


Pray about:
Their physical needs
Their mental needs
Their emotional needs
Their spiritual needs


Dear Lord - Help me to listen to You each and every day and please grant me the strength to obey.





Psalms 43




"Send forth Your light and Your truth, let them guide me; let them bring me to Your holy mountain, to the place where You dwell. Then I will go to the altar of God, to God, my joy and my delight.


Why are you so downcast, O my soul?  Why so disturbed within me?  Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise Him, my Savior and my God." (vs. 3-4a, & 5)



God is amazing. Tonight as we watched a video of a talk/sermon by Leo Giglio on God and the universe (Indescribable pt 1-5), I felt an incredible urge to fall to my knees in awe of God. The grandeur of our Lord as evidenced by the universe is beyond comprehension. He truly does send His light and His truth out to us. The majesty of His creation is astounding and I was awed by the photos from the Hubble telescope of the structures in space. Being a science teacher, I had seen many of them before but some were new even to me. The universe truly declares the glory of God and I found myself bowing my head and praying "forgive me, forgive me" as I watched the film. I am so unworthy and insignificant in the light of creation and yet here is God paying attention to me. He is able to guide me. I have no doubt of this. I only need to keep this perspective of His grandness on a daily basis to tap into this confidence. Daily troubles can shake us but if we go back to creation, we can be renewed in our faith in His power to take care of everything for us. Our God is enormous. He holds the universe in His hands. He spoke all of it into existence. He can lead me to the place He dwells. He can get me to heaven if I let Him, if I follow. I want to go to there, to this place where He dwells. I want to praise Him with all of creation.


As I go about my day tomorrow, I will look anew at creation and I will worship God - my God, my Joy, and my Delight. He is what I will delight in. I will not let my soul be downcast. I will put my hope in God and I will yet praise Him.


Prayer for the Day



Dear Lord,


We praise You for Your grandeur and Your amazing power and creation. You are able to do all things. All we have to do is look around us at creation. It is truly declaring Your power and glory. Let us join in in praise and worship. Let us remember how small we are and let us worship You for caring about us despite that fact. What are we that You are mindful of us? It is beyond our comprehension. We turn to You and put our hope in You. We know You will not disappoint. We are so grateful.


In Jesus' name,
Amen




QFT



1. Am I letting God guide me? How can I do this?

2. Am I recognizing God's power in creation? How can I get in touch with this in a greater way?

3. Am I praising God or am I complaining about what is happening in my life right now? How can I praise Him more?

4. Is my delight in God?  What would my friends and those closest to me say? What else might I be putting my delight in?  How can I change my perspective?

5. Am I putting my hope in Him? How can I change if I am worrying?

No comments:

Post a Comment