Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Daily Devotional - 11/3

Prayer Focus - Strangers



Day 6
Pray for:
One person you admire or look up to
One person you met/meet today
One person that is in the entertainment industry
One person in politics
One person you always see but have never spoken to
One person that you have read about that is still alive



Pray about:
Their physical needs
Their mental needs
Their emotional needs
Their spiritual needs


Dear Lord - Please open my ears to hear and grant me the strength to obey.



Psalms 63



"I have seen You in the sanctuary and beheld Your power and Your glory. Because Your love is better than life, my lips will glorify You. I will praise You as long as I live, and in Your name I will lift up my hands. My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods; with singing lips my mouth will praise You." ( vs. 2-5)


I have seen the power of God. I have seen Him change me. I have seen great victories. I would be nothing without Him and He is all that I have that is good. I have seen His power and glory. I must always remember that. His love is better than life. Life is a struggle, God's love is not. I will be satisfied. It is a choice.



Prayer for the Day



Dear Lord,



We will be satisfied. We will turn our eyes to You and our hearts to remembering. We have beheld Your power and Your glory. We will remember. Help us when we are faltering and forgetting. Help us when we wander. We choose today to be satisfied. Your love is better than anything else that we have, as all that we have came from You. You are the great Giver. You are the perfect Father and Husband. We run to You and hide in the shelter of Your wings. Help us damaged people to be healed. Help us to learn to sing again and to be mentally, emotionally, physically, and especially spiritually healed so that we might be able to serve and worship You completely and acceptably. We humbly come before You. Please accept us today and always.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen




QFT



1. How has God's power been expressed in my life? Do I recognize God's glory? Am I praising Him daily?

2. Do I truly believe that God's love is better than life? How do I know this? How do I show it?

3. Am I satisfied with God alone? What tends to get me feeling dissatisfied? How can I stop allowing these things to distract me from God?

4. Am I letting God heal me? What do I need to be healed from? How can running to the shelter of God's wings heal me?

No comments:

Post a Comment