Thursday, November 12, 2009

Daily Devotional - 11/12

Prayer Focus - Needs


Day 1
Pray for:
One thing that is needed in the world


Focus on how this need being fulfilled will help those concerned's
spiritual life
physical life
emotional life
mental life



Dear Lord - Please open my ears to hear and grant me the strength to obey.




Psalms 72



"He will be like rain falling on a mown field, like showers watering the earth. In his days the righteous will flourish; prosperity will abound till the moon is no more...For he will deliver the needy who cry out, the afflicted who have no one to help. He will take pity on the weak and the needy and save the needy from death." ( vs. 6-7, 12-13)


This psalm states at the beginning that it was written about Solomon. What a wonderful portrait of what a person could become. I would like this to be able to be said about me someday. I would like to be like rain on a mown field. That dewy freshness and revitalization that comes from a needed watering. I would like to be a protector of the weak and helpless. I would like to make a difference.

We often have great desires to do something. The problem is in our actions. God is able, but are we truly willing? Are we taking steps to do something? Perhaps we do not know what to do. I feel this way quite a bit and my problem is that when I don't know what to do, I don't do anything. I need to start doing something, anything, as long as it gets me moving in some direction. God can take care of the rest but if I do nothing, I receive nothing. I impact nothing. We must start and let God take care of the rest. Let tomorrow be the first day of the rest of our lives and let us dream of that beautiful field in the rain.



Prayer for the Day


Dear Lord,


We have dreams to make a difference, and You have dreams to save the world. Help us to see that our dreams are possible, if they are in line with Yours. Help us to start moving in some direction because it is easier to move or redirect an object once it is moving than when it is at a complete stop. Help us to not be frozen with insecurity and indecision. You know what You have planned for our lives and the good works that You have prepared in advance for us to do. You are able to complete them if we are willing to act. You have put things on our heart for a reason. There are people that only we can reach and help. Help us to stop focusing on ourselves and help us to start making a difference for You. With You we will be able. Grant us strength.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen



QFT



1. Am I refreshing to others or a burden to them? Why? How can I become someone who refreshing, or become more like this if I already am?

2. Are the righteous flourishing because of me? Who am I helping or inspiring to be more godly? How am I helping them? What more could I do or how could I start doing this if I am not now?

3. Am I helping the needy and afflicted? How am I doing this? What more could I do or what could I start doing?

4. What is my dream or vision for my life? What good works do I feel I am equipped to do? What has been on my heart lately? What can I start doing? How can I begin or continue to make this dream/vision happen? Am I praying about my dream becoming what God's dream is for my life?

No comments:

Post a Comment