Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Daily Devotional - 1/27

Prayer Focus - Wants



Day 2
Pray for:
One thing you want to understand about God
One characteristic you want to develop that will help you to be more loving towards others



Dear Lord - Please open my ears to Your ever present voice and grant me the strength to obey.



Psalms 87


"The Lord will write in the register of the peoples: This one was born in Zion." ( vs. 6)


This is the desired end result - to have God write in the register of all the peoples - this one was born in Zion. Our national heritage often inspires us; how much more so should our spiritual heritage. I have been born in Zion. All of us who have truly become Christians have been born in Zion. Do we realize this? Do we live accordingly? We are citizens of God's kingdom and His ambassadors. We are representing Him.

What an exciting thought and what a responsibility as well! Let us rise to the occasion so we can retain our citizenship and enjoy all of its blessings.



Prayer for the Day



Dear Lord,


What a wonderful thought that we have been born in Zion. Help us to remember that we belong to such an awesome kingdom. We are a people now. We have a great heritage. Let us live so that others may see and worship You. Let us be worthy ambassadors for our spiritual homeland. Let us make You proud.

In Jesus' Name,
Amen



QFT


1. Have I been born in Zion? Is my name written in the register? How do I know? Are there any questions I need to resolve about my conversion or any doubts in my mind? How can I clear these up so that I have full confidence in my citizenship?


2. Am I inspired by my spiritual heritage and belonging? Do I think about what an honor this is? How will dwelling on my citizenship in Zion help me live better in the here and now?


3. Am I being a good ambassador for my spiritual country? What impression will others have of God and the kingdom because of me? Are there things I need to change to serve God better in my role as ambassador?


4. What blessings have I received due to my spiritual birth? What privileges do I enjoy because of this? Am I grateful or do I take advantage of my position in Christ?

No comments:

Post a Comment