Sunday, August 30, 2009

Daily Devotional

I began a reading and study plan a few years ago which has been very helpful to me. I am planning on writing what I get out of these studies in the form of a daily devotional so that it might be of help to others. I will begin the devotional on September 1st and see how it goes.



My reading plan:

I have broken my study down into several categories.

1. Daily Reading - I read through the Psalms, one per day, and then read Proverbs when I am done with the Psalms. On the 31st of any month, I read Proverbs 31. I continue this all year.

2. In Depth Study - I am reading through the Bible. I began at Genesis on Jan 1st. I try to read a chapter a day but this is sometimes skipped. Currently I am on Deuteronomy.

3. General Religious - I am reading a book called God's Plan and the Overcomers by Watchman Nee

4. Organizing - I am reading two books by Sandra Felton from Messies Anonymous - Organizing by the Book and Meditations for Messies

5. Parenting - I am currently reading To Train Up A Child by Micheal & Debi Pearl

6. Marriage - I am currently reading The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace




These books are what make up my main quiet time. I do not always have time to read all of them in every devotional time.



I am also reading several books in other areas of life which I will write about occasionally as well under a separate heading.

No comments:

Post a Comment